Garden Village contains several buildings which were originally intended to be of a communal or public nature.
Prominent here is the Shopping Centre on Beech Avenue (Listed Grade II), which was intended to provide a variety of services for the residents. It is two storeys, in the Georgian Classical Revival style, stucco and brick with red brick and ashlar dressings and plain tile roofs. It is arranged around three sides of a landscaped courtyard, which opens onto Beech Avenues.
The Club House, Elm Avenue [Listed Grade II] is also in the Georgian Classical Revival style. It is single storey in stucco with red brick and ashlar dressings, a plain tile roof and a central square domed cupola.
Pashby House, 69 James Reckitt Avenue, was built, probably about 1913, as a hostel for girls working at Reckitts. It is a large 3 storey building, with brick, pebble-dash and with a plain tile roof. Whilst in keeping with the style of the domestic buildings in Garden Village, it is an impressive "gateway" building at the edge of the Conservation Area when seen approaching from the south along James Reckitt Avenue.
An important element in the rationale behind Garden Village was the provision for retired employees of the company. This was in the form of three groups of almshouses - Juliet Reckitt Havens [Listed Grade II] and Frederick Reckitt Havens [Listed Grade II] on Laburnum Avenue and Sir James Reckitt Village Havens on Village Road. Each group of almshouses is arranged around two or three sides of a green, open onto the adjacent road. Characteristically single-storey, their form and materials of construction, being brick with plain tile roofs and rendered and timber gables, are harmonious with the other properties in Garden Village.